Thursday, November 20, 2008

Facespast

When missionaries had beards.....

I've started a second blog, facespast.blogspot.com I have a large collection of old family photos that I want to preserve in a variety of ways so that other descendants of these people can see and use them. I hope that descendants of these people might find this blog.

I have begun posting pictures and short identification information relative to the person portrayed. Each posting will feature only one individual. I am trying to post them in pairs however so that the posting featuring a spouse will be readily found by a casual browser of the blog.

I won't be posting the pictures of people yet living and will not be identifying relationships to living people.

This picture was one of the first posts - Missionaries did have beards - of course they also had teenage kids at home.... This is Ole Christian Larsen as a missionary in Denmark. He was then about the age I am now. The nose looks familiar when I look in the mirror - and alas there are hints of the hairline in my mirror as well.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Good idea mom. This is the part of Family History that I like. The individual's history. What is the point of knowing who is related to who if you don't know anything about them?